cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Caz
Community Member

Pixelbook Go - Stadia Crashing

I just recently bought the Pixelbook Go (A3 model) about two weeks ago and am having issues with running Stadia on it.

For some background info, I have ~500 Mbps FiOptics and am using a Netgear Nighthawk R6700v3 router. Using the Chromecast Ultra (via Ethernet), my desktop PC (Ethernet), old laptop (5g WiFi), and Pixel 3XL I can connect to Stadia just fine. Latency is pretty unrecognizable and while there are some visual hiccups it’s a fairly good experience (my connection stays consistently at “Good” though, even with the Chromecast). 

On my Pixelbook, I can log in for a couple of minutes, and while the visuals skip much more than the other ways to play it the game registers my inputs fairly accurately. However, after a bit the visuals start dropping significantly, the screen image starts pulsating, then and my inputs won’t register. After that it will either turn to a black screen, or send me back to the game screen and ask me to the survey which it will not allow me to answer (can’t select anything or click any buttons). The quality will also go down from “Good” to “Game might stop”, and then will not be able to connect to a game until I close out Chrome or the app and restart it. Also to note that I ran the Stadia speed test and I get over 100 Mbps. 

I reached out to the Stadia hotline and after going in circles for a bit (the person I spoke with was not aware of what the Pixelbook was and kept pushing things that made little sense) they requested the last thing I should try was to Powerwash Chrome OS and try afterwards. Initially nothing changed, however I tried it in Incognito mode and worked for about 5-10 minutes and so they called it fixed there with a pending closure on the ticket. I closed out of Stadia right after and a bit later tried to jump back in, to which the issue came right back and has been back since. I have not called back yet, but given how the first call went I do not expect any progress with calling back

Some other things of note that I have checked/done:

• Tried another WiFi that worked with the Pixel 3XL, same issue occurred;
  • Disabled all Chrome extensions and logged into only one account;
  • Changed permissions for “stadia.google.com” to allow everything (Java, Flash, Ads, etc);
  • Tried Chrome browser, Stadia add-on, and Incognito mode
  • Verified no other downloads were occurring;
  • All ports on router verified to be open;
  • Powerwashed two additional times;
  • Internet does not appear to drop on Pixelbook itself;

Not really sure what else to look at or do. Has anyone experienced this issue, and if so any solutions or suggestions to check?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
moDeluxe
Community Member

stadia has huge problems running on chromebooks.

I don't know if there's anybody out there able to play on it.

Stadia-Support has to be aware that it's not the interent connection or router etc. 

It's just some configuration issue with chrome OS. 

searching for "chromebook" here will show you a lot of guys having the exact same issues like you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HighScoreJimmy
Community Member

A lot of low powered netbooks are having the same issues, I believe it's the wifi cards aren't strong enough for that much continuous data, I haven't tested this yet, but I ordered a USB wifi dongle that will be here in a few days.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
thanks
Community Member

Hey there! I have not been having as severe of issues as yourself, however Stadia is certainly not running super great on my M3 PBGO either! I have managed to increase the performance so that it is playable, at least though. Still not great, but playable! Here is what I have enabled to maximize my game performance: Chrome flags - Override software rendering list (Enabled) -WebRTC new encode cpu load estimator (Enabled) - Smooth Scrolling (don't know if this one matters, but I just left it on) Lastly, make sure in your device settings you have your display scaling to 1080p (80%). Should reduce any motion blur. Hope this helps. Take care! -Nick
0 Kudos
Highlighted
tranceforma
Community Member

Whilst I've not had a particularly long session on my Pixelbook, it has worked fine for me. 

0 Kudos