cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

"Please check your connection" issue, on Chromecast and browser but Phone (Pixel 3) works fine

The issue is that when I open a game, I see the '"Checking your connection" message in the bottom left for about 5 seconds, then a dialog appears to "Please check your connection" with a few troubleshooting steps and the options to either go back to stadia or try again.

I'm having a similar issue to a few others on the forums but it seems like some of those users were able to clear things up via configuration options around PIA and/or Ad-Blocker configuration so I'm creating a new post. I have gone as far as to completely uninstall/reinstall chrome with no add-ons to remove the possibility they could be having some impact.  I've tried incognito mode as well but that did not help.

I've tried the stadia speed test and I'm over 300 MBs down currently although my average test is higher. My ping is anywhere between 60-80 ms on average. As I mentioned in the subject, my phone works fine on the same network, no lag or issues of any kind.

I posted on reddit and there is some additional information there so I'll include the link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/dzsld2/please_check_your_connection_issue_on_chromecast/ Has anyone in a similar situation had any success on this? I very much appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Member

Try disable your extensions. I had the same problem when I have my windsrcibe(VPN) in my chrome. Turning your extensions off won't solve the problem. I disabled the VPN and problem solved.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I've tried disabling my extensions, that didn't seem to have any impact.

Just in case I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome without installing any extensions and I'm still getting the same error.  I even tried a few alternate versions of chrome, like chrome canary, and I didn't have any success with those either.

0 Kudos