cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

not able to enter the invite code for the free 3 month pro tiral I was promised by Stadia

I started the process of researching Stadia now that me and my family are spending all of our time at home. I thought it might be fun to add another gaming system...BUT, before spending my heard earned money on the hardware, I wanted to be sure to know how much games would cost as I do not like surprises, especially ones having to do with money and how much things will cost. I could not find game prices anywhere on any Stadia web sites so I contacted Stadia customer support. Told the agent that I was interested in Stadia but that I would need to know how much games would cost BEFORE I bought the starter kit and my extra controller. The Gent instructed me to download the Stadia app on my handheld as this was the only way to see how much games actually cost. So I followed the Stadia support agent's instructions, downloaded the app, simple enough.. the VERY first thing it asked for was for me to sign in to my Google account, which I did. Then I was able to see game prices. They seemed a bit high priced but I thought I would try it out anyway, especially since I planned on purchasing the Pro version anyway and it comes with free games each month AND big discounts on games that aren't free. SO, I bought my start kit and my extra controller. Learned that my invite code for the free 90 day Pro trial would be sent to me after the hardware had shipped. So now i t has shipped and I received my invitation code BUT now I learn that the absolute ONLY time you can enter this code is ONLY when you are creating an account for the first time.... Wait...WHAT?!?!? Seriously? I have used many other gaming platforms and entering an invite code and/or promo code is such a basic function that it is a built in part of any profile. Well, not with Stadia! The ONLY time you can enter an invite code is when you are very first creating an account with Stadia. In my case, since a Stadia agent instructed me to create an account before I received my code, I am now in a situation where I have Stadia associated with my primary Google account, the one where I have all my payment methods associated AND all my free digital bonuses BUT I am unable to get my free 3 months of Stadia Pro due to this limitation of the Stadia app, Google accounts and invite codes. I tried to delete the account so I could recreate it and use my invite code but upon deleting the account, then trying to create a new one, there is a 30 day waiting period after deleting the account before it is actually deleted. Why is ANY of this the case? It creates such a poor customer service experience that is FAR BENEATH the dignity of a company like Google. I am baffled that a revenue generating product would have such poor customer experience functionalities literally BUILT INTO IT?!?!?!? If Google is not able to do right by this and allow me to associate my primary google account with the STadia app and gaming platform, I will be forced to cancel the order and return the hardware which is a lose, lose situation. Come on Google, step up to the plate and offer the customer experience I know you want your customers to have. Not this mediocre response to such a BASIC question. This answer simply shows that Stadia isn't sure how to create a positive customer experience. So the only options I was given were to wait 30 days to then re-create my account, sign up to Stadia with a different google account that has no digital credits or payment methods or lastly, to cancel my order. That's right, Google Stadia, in it's "infinite wisdom" would rather lose me as a paying customer than to simply allow me to associate my Stadia account an use the free 90 day trial I was promised. I wish the CEO of Stadia was aware of this. I tried to find a way to contact them but was unsuccessful. As a business owner myself, I would NEVER allow this type of HORRIBLE customer experience to be perpetrated against my customers. No way, it's simply bad business!

1 Kudo
4 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @KevvyFresh 

sorry to hear that. I think you stepped in a use case that's rather new to the Stadia platform itself.

Nevertheless, I hope that the Stadia support maybe will find a solution for you. If yes, please let us know.

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ich habe genau selbiges Problem, habe dem Stadia Support geschrieben, welcher auch schnell Antwortete und weiter half und mein Anliegen weiterleitete. Nun müssen wir auf Antwort warten was man da machen kann.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Odinmausi hast du noch irgendwas vom Support gehört?

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ja habe Antwort bekommen und finde es schade, das da rauf beim Kauf nicht entwickelt wird !!!

Man kann den dazugehörigen Code für 3 Monate nur nutzen, wenn man die 2 Kostenlosen Probe Monate von Stadia die es im Moment ja gibt, noch nicht gehört hat.

Zitat:

Vielen Dank für Ihre Geduld, Odinmausi.

Wir haben Ihr Fall wie erwartet, aber leider gibt es keine Möglichkeit den Premiere Code auf ein existierendes Konto Konto. Diese Informationen finden Sie auch im Bereich Bereich Stadia Store Seite für das Stadia Premium Produkt.

Selbst wenn Sie den Code gleich bei der Steuerung Ihres Kontos erhalten, können Sie die zwei Pormotionen (3 Monate kostenlos mit dem Premiere Bundle und 2 Monate kostenlos durch das aktuelle Angebot) nicht staffeln können. Das heißt, Sie haben sich darum gekümmert. Möglicherweise haben Sie einen Freund oder einen Bekannten, der sich über die 3 Monate freies Abo erfreulich.

Fazit:
Ich finde diesen Service sehr schlecht auf jede andere Gaming Plattform (Microsoft oder Sony) kann man Gratis Codes nutzen zu seinem eigenen Konto.
1 Kudo