cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Will Stadia cause data overages for people with a metered connection?

I have a 1TB metered connection. I didn't preorder or anything because of this, but for when Stadia comes out, I'd like to know if Stadia can cause a data overage for people with metered connections. Currently, my metered connection limit is 1TB/month.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

For what it's worth, I used about 23GB in a couple of hours of gaming last night:

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 10.05.37.png

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@brxxn It really depends on how much you play. During my experience with Project Stream (basically the beta/testing phase for Stadia), I was averaging around 9-15 GB per hour, and that was with 1080 60fps (targeted, never reached that). It will be even more with 4k.

Good thing is that you can actually limit your data usage from the app settings.

Ivan_0-1574209263580.png

P.S. I'm on the same boat btw... with Xfinity Comcast I get 1 TB per month.. let's see how it goes lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
2 Kudos
Community Member

@Ivan let me know how it turns out, thanks.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@brxxn Will do. Although mostly what I can give you is just an estimate. It doesn't look like there's a way to monitor the exact usage straight from Stadia itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

It depends on how many hours you use stadia per month and if you are game streaming in 4K or just HD. I saw an article once that it will only take 60-65 hours of stadia use in 4K definition to reach the 1TB of data used.

1 Kudo