cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Founder
Founder

Will Mouse and keyboard only games ever be sold on stadia?

My favourite games are strategy games I love them but will they work if let's say that control pad is not an option, for example, Rimworld this will not work with a controller in fact it would be frustrating to play so would games like this ever come to stadia?

This to me is going to be a major downside to have controller support games only to be sold on stadia.

This is a requirement when a developer puts a game on to the store? Or can a developer sell a game on the store with no controller support?

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Founder
Founder

PUBG just removed mouse and keyboard support, so I guess the requirement of having to support all control schemes has gone. I really think Stadia is missing mouse and keyboard games. Also I think you can find ways to make games like this work. Football Manager 20 works well on a game pad too, and that’s really a mouse game. 

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Would be nice to have PC Games like Anno 1800, Wow, Command & Conquer on stadia. It would be a big point of using stadia instead of a ps4 or xbox. 

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I think that some developers would add support even if normally they don't support a controller, for example Football Manager 2020 did it IIRC.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Would be interested to know if they have to though.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, friendly reminder that this is not a Founders-specific support forum and all support inquiries (including specific feature requests) should be directed towards the main forum. I'll be moving this post out of the Founders Hub to give all Stadia Community members the opportunity to chime in.

Thanks for understanding! 

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Not really a feature more of a question directed at yourself because I think only you or member of the team can really answer it.

So would mouse and keyboard only games be sold on the store?

0 Kudos