cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Unsafe website error on YouTube, Stadia.com, Google Store and gmail, with Stadia PWA

Hey community and Stadia team! I just discovered, that I get an invalid certificate error message, when I try to reach YouTube, Stadia website, Google Store, Gmail and this community forum. I tried to clear the cache and so on but nothing helped until I deinstalled the Stadia PWA and cleared the cache of Chrome again. Now it's working fine. Because of that I assume, that this error occurred because of the Stadia PWA. I don't know how many other people had the same error as I had. System informations: - PC with Linux Ubuntu 19.10 installed - Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 installed - occurred with installed Stadia PWA - as already mentioned removing Stadia PWA fixed this issue - Location is Germany - service provider is Vodafone Deutschland (Vodafone Germany) Any advises how to reach those websites with installed Stadia PWA? Thank you for your anwers in advance!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Puddingpapst I'm assuming you were installing the PWA on web right? (not through mobile). I just tried replicating by installing the PWA through Chrome browser, then opened YouTube, Gmail but wasn't able to replicate the issue... didn't get any invalid certificate messages.

For now, maybe you can just go through the actual address on Chrome?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Ivan  Yeah, it happened about an hour after installing the PWA. I mentioned this in the subreddit, too. Moderator replied they are known of this issue, and working on that. I opened this thread to give better and more information about how the problem ocurred for me. As I already mentioned after removing the PWA and clearing the cache afterwards - again - the error was gone. When I reinstall the PWA it's back until I remove and clear the cache again.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

That's good to know @Puddingpapst and thanks for sharing the info. I wasn't able to replicate it, but hopefully the issue can be resolved soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo