cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

The transmission quality is worse than a few days ago

Yesterday I've noticed that the stream quality is worse in my full-hd TV with hdr off.

2 weeks ago I could see artifacts in the night scenes of Red Dead Redemption 2 (for example), but now there are artifacts even during the day in brighter scenes. I've noticed it with Gylt, Metro, Read Dead Redemption 2, Destiny 2 (at the beginning of the game in the hallways it looked perfect before and now it looks much worse).

I noticed this in chrome and chromecast ultra in different screens. With HDR on it does not happen.

My connection has not changed, 300Mbps 10ms of ping

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@TekoRaiK : Not lately in my experience, but this is something that I've seen occur in the past for a few titles but rarely more than a couple at a time.   In most of those cases I was pretty sure that my internet connection was just fine, so I put it down to Google making changes to their infrastructure (although that is just an assumption/guess), and the issue resolved itself after a day or two.  Just on one instance it was actually my home router that was at fault and a reset resolved that particular issue for me.

If it continues to be an issue then I'd raise a case with support, they might be able to escalate the issue (or not), but at least you'll be letting them know that you are encountering an issue.  Also, if you get the option to submit a survey after a session make sure that you do, that is about the only immediate feedback that you can give and I certainly provide feedback if I feel that the quality has been good or bad during a session, it only takes a few seconds to submit via the survey when it appears.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos