cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

The 2.4ghz of 5ghz wifi connection

Today was a small victory for stadia after checking my wifi router advance settings i saw that my router could both 2.4ghz and 5ghz at same time after reading most forum over 5ghz wifi connection was better to play stadia i split my router over the last two month my effort using stadia was up and down some brilliant 4kgaming and on the otherhand veel stuttering/picture pixeling etc after playing 10 mins veel frustration but after let my kids use 2.4ghz connection for youtube, tiktok, netflix and i took the 5ghz connetion all for my self the gaming experiance is 100% better no lag, stuttering nothing but quality gaming now lookforward to 2020 als convert stadia gamer
1 Kudo
1 Reply
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Glad that worked for you but...

5Ghz band is not a slam dunk for everyone, it's situation dependent.  If there are a bunch of walls/floors and distance between the client and the access point, 5ghz will usually end up worse *unless* you have a really bad congestion/interference problem in the 2.4ghz band.

So anybody reading this, don't assume that your best experience is going to be on 5ghz - it's worth trying both, if you absolutely must use wifi.  Getting wired really is worth it.

1 Kudo