cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Streaming quality degradation since a couple of weeks (france)

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

Just to quickly check, is it only me or streaming quality suffers from image and framerate degradation lately ? The issue is particularly visible on destiny 2, which i used to play in 60fps @maximum resolution, and now is only performing 30fps whatever the network comsumption level setting is. 
I have a decent connection (see attached image), not top notch, but decent, and every other services work as normal, so i'm wondering if i'm the only one experiencing this now ? 

Capture d’écran 2020-02-13 à 15.09.16.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Actually the issue was something absolutely not related with my bandwith nor my latency. The problem was more subtle, and limited to Destiny 2. The root cause was i activated Bungie's cross save system, and it appears that when i played with my Bungie account on a PC with the framerate cap option set to 30fps, this option was also set on the stadia version of the game (even if this setting is NOT displayed within stadia version of the game).
Reseting all visual settings to default within the stadia version of game solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@VTM : Yes, I've seen this occur when I can only imagine that there are infrastructure changes taking place somewhere within the Google network.  Unfortunately fast.com doesn't really show a true picture of what is happening close to the Google network as it is a Netflix tool.  Even using Googles own project stream analysis tool gives good network performance yet I can still see a visually impacted service on Stadia.

Some of these scenarios seem to get resolved within a few hours or less, but sometimes they can go on for days as was the case for some German folks not too long ago IIRC.  

My suggestion would be to give it a bit of time, and if still nothing changes afterwards to raise a case with support and provide them with details about your network speeds from Project Stream, Fast, and gcping.com which is good to see latency to different Google regions.  Hopefully they can then file a report to the relevant internal teams and it can be picked up.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Actually the issue was something absolutely not related with my bandwith nor my latency. The problem was more subtle, and limited to Destiny 2. The root cause was i activated Bungie's cross save system, and it appears that when i played with my Bungie account on a PC with the framerate cap option set to 30fps, this option was also set on the stadia version of the game (even if this setting is NOT displayed within stadia version of the game).
Reseting all visual settings to default within the stadia version of game solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos