cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia parental controls

Hi everyone, I understood and appreciate the parental controls on https://stadia.google.com/families (family dashboard) which focus on privacy. I also found, that I can set a time limit for the Stadia app via Google Families on my Smartphone. However, this time limit seems to affect only the usage of the app on the smartphone. It does not limit or monitor the time kids spend using the Stadia controller and Chromecast. Is this right? I would very much like to see this functionality to be part of the parental controls of Stadia (some kind of 'cross-plattform' time limit for Chromecast, smartphone and PC per day). Is there any chance this function will come?
3 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Member

Stadia has talked in the past about expanding the parental control options based on consumer feedback. So it looks like you’ve already done your part as stadia looks through these regularly.

1 Kudo
Community Member

this is a very important parental control feature that is needed.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I also would like to set up screen time management. It works on my son's Chromebook and he responds well to that but doesn't self-regulate enough to stop playing video games, not that I blame him. They're pretty awesome.

0 Kudos