cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Stadia not working in Puerto Rico

Hi,

Even though it was advertised that Stadia would work in Puerto Rico at launch. It gives the following error shown in the picture.  When is this going to be fixed?

404ED7B2-298D-4ADA-82A6-3F1D9D1FE27E.jpeg

4 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

Are you seeing this for all games or just a particular game? Although Stadia is supported in Puerto Rico, it looks like game publishers can also choose where their games are available maybe?

0 Kudos
Community Member

I’m seeing this for both games I have: Destiny and the Samurai Warriors.  I do not think in this is a Publisher thing because all video game publishing companies include Puerto Rico as part of their launch dates and support.  I can play Destiny 2 on my PS4, and PC but not Stadia? I need Google to clarify this.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@RogueStateAgent In that case, it might be worth contacting support via https://support.google.com/stadia

0 Kudos
Community Member

He is not the only one, I am part of a whatsapp group of users around 25 from Puerto Rico, that all have the same issue. We are just being blocked from launching games. Not only the two free ones, I bought 2 more games just to have the same issue. This happens on mobile, casting or desktop. In other words everywhere. Video of the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VKBCGpFF1iionUDN7
3 Kudos
Community Member

It's a general issue. As soon as the server pings our location we are locked out. We can't play unless we use a VPN. This has been an issue since we got our codes and Google has acknowledged the problem, but has done no more (at least publicly). We have been told conflicting stories, last of which was that they were working on the problem but had no idea when we could expect a solution.

However, our "free" membership is burning away while we can't play.  

1 Kudo
Community Member

As you said, a good VPN is the solution for now. I’m content to play at 720pp on my laptop for now. Wired controller. No lag. Occasional hiccup but nothing too serious. Obviously not a permanent solution. But this way I get to play for now.

0 Kudos