cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

STILL NO CODE

Jump to solution

Hi, I bought the founders edition and still today I have not received the code. I am amazed with this lack of service to those that went and purchased this edition. I would appreciate a response and a quick solution to this matter.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

@TG3R_IMM : Yeah the rollout wasn't as smooth as it should have been. But for a small percentage the codes were received. The majority of complaints were that the process wasn't as expected, folks expected to get their devices on launch day which only happened for a minority, folks expected to get their codes prior  to the hardware arriving, which also didn't happen, and then folks were very impatient about receiving their codes.

All of which could and should have been handled imho much better by Google, but that’s history now, and folks have moved on to complain about choice of games, prices and lack of information about missing features... catch-22 lol!

But if you cant find a code email, just reach out to support with your order number and chromecast s/n and they should sort you out quite quickly👍

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Member

@TG3R_IMM : When did you receive your founders edition, and what steps have you taken to get a code if you didn't receive one via email within a couple of days of delivery of the Founders edition?

I pre-ordered my Founders edition the 2nd day that they were available, I received my Founders Edition the day after launch and received the code that evening upon delivery.  Personally, I can't really fault the process, it worked for me.  But of course problems can arise.

It might be best to contact Google Store support, provide them with your order number and the serial number of your Chromecast Ultra and they hopefully will be able to assist.

0 Kudos
Community Member
Well I didn’t try to set it up until a couple of days ago but I received my founders edition back in November. Posting my previous message is the first thing I have done considering I have no Email that includes the code. I am glad it all worked out like a charm for you but when browsing on the same topic it seems like I am not the only one with the same problem. I will reach out to Google Store support but clearly this was not what I expected when unboxing the product. Thanks
0 Kudos
Community Member

@TG3R_IMM : Yeah the rollout wasn't as smooth as it should have been. But for a small percentage the codes were received. The majority of complaints were that the process wasn't as expected, folks expected to get their devices on launch day which only happened for a minority, folks expected to get their codes prior  to the hardware arriving, which also didn't happen, and then folks were very impatient about receiving their codes.

All of which could and should have been handled imho much better by Google, but that’s history now, and folks have moved on to complain about choice of games, prices and lack of information about missing features... catch-22 lol!

But if you cant find a code email, just reach out to support with your order number and chromecast s/n and they should sort you out quite quickly👍

View solution in original post

0 Kudos