cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Premier edition

Jump to solution

I was wondering if I could buy just a controller with a pro subscription, since my parents already bought a chromecast ultra for me last Christmas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

@Marc : Unfortunately not.  The only currently available options to get up and running with Stadia is:

• Founders Edition (no longer available)
  • Premium Edition (Controller + CCU)
  • Buddy Pass (buy controller separately and use in conjunction with owned CCU).

Once the Base edition is available in 2020, then yes, you would be able to use a purchased controller with an existing CCU and then subscribe to Stadia Pro if that is wanted, else just purchase games as required.  Of course the Pro subscription also provides 4K and 5.1 sound support, whereas the current Chrome implementation is limited to 1080p (for now at least).

HTH

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Community Member

@Marc : Unfortunately not.  The only currently available options to get up and running with Stadia is:

• Founders Edition (no longer available)
  • Premium Edition (Controller + CCU)
  • Buddy Pass (buy controller separately and use in conjunction with owned CCU).

Once the Base edition is available in 2020, then yes, you would be able to use a purchased controller with an existing CCU and then subscribe to Stadia Pro if that is wanted, else just purchase games as required.  Of course the Pro subscription also provides 4K and 5.1 sound support, whereas the current Chrome implementation is limited to 1080p (for now at least).

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Thank you for your quick answer. So where can I obtain/buy a Buddy Pass?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Marc : Information on the Buddy Pass can be found here:

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9626723?hl=en-GB 

They are only available via invitation from owners of the Founders Edition.  I've seen them posted on Ebay, but there is no way of knowing if they are genuine or just fake.  

1 Kudo