cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Poor performance ONLY on Destiny 2

Hey, so after going for over 48h through Google's chat support and Twitter support I came to the conclusion there appears to be no solution for my problem as of now. Basically, when I launch Destiny my experience is as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90lGlUTy-sk&feature=youtu.be

At the 0:38 mark more or less, the quality degrades and the framerate goes below what should be qualified as "playable" for a first-person shooter like Destiny. Here's some information if someone wants to think it through:

1. I've been using Stadia since November 21 with NO issues before this. I started having this issue on December 8th 17.00 CET approximately.
  2. The poor performance issues is present both on Chrome browser and Chromecast.
  3. It is ONLY Destiny 2. Tomb Raider, Samurai Showdown and Farming Simulator run FLAWLESSLY at max resolution/framerate on both devices.
  4. 300Mbps symmetric fiber connection at home.
  5. Router DNS settings have been changed for Google's (8.8.8.8 Primary, 8.8.4.4 Secondary) and TCP/UDP ports 44700-44899 have been opened.
  6. No VPN whatsoever or anything that could interfere with the connection. 
  7. JavaScript is enabled on the Google Chrome browser.
  8. Chrome Flag "Hardware-Acceleration Video Encoding" is enabled.
  9. I can use other streaming services such as PSNow without ANY issue at all. 
  10. Geolocation is Spain.

So, with all this information here's my theory:

• There's one machine running Destiny 2 in my closest datacenter that has performance issues.
  • For some reason, I'm assigned to this machine everytime. According to the support it's supposed to assing me to the best available machine nearby whenever I launch a game. However, they CAN'T manually assign me another machine, so there's no way to prove this as for now.
  • Other machines are running other games, thus that's why I have no issues with other games.
  • Everyone else is running Destiny 2 just fine, so it's not Bungie's or the game itself's issue. It is clearly coming from Stadia's Datacenter.

Any more information, comments, people having same issue, possible solutions. Feel free to jump in the discussion. Cheers.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I plan on contacting more this week. With more people having the problem, we may get actual help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Are you using PC, or Chromecast Ultra?

Regards, CackleTV - StadiaClan.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This seems to have been fixed at least for me after I posted about this on bungie forums. Hope you had it fixed too. Regards,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Spoiler
EXACT same issue

I actually noticed that the lag only started happening after I enabled crosssave on Bungie so i can play the same character on steam. Did you happen to do that? Another data point is, when i play the same character on steam I do not have this lag, so it is not bungie's problem I suppose.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

OK after I logged into my steam game, and changed my vsync back to 144hz, the game runs fine now...

0 Kudos