cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Playing at work options?

Jump to solution

In light of the news that my phone is going to be supported here soon, i'm very excited to try playing at work. Unfortunately the wifi there is sub par, barely being enough to even stream youtube. It's a large grocery store so am I screwed or are there good hotspots people have played stadia on?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Babaganuche7 It really depends where you're located. A lot of Starbucks in US actually got free internet provided by Google. I tried it once at a location near my work and got speed faster than my apartment lol. Try McDonalds too, sometimes they have good internet connectivity.

In any case, you can go to a particular location, and then do the speed test

https://projectstream.google.com/speedtest

Do it a few times during different times throughout the day and see how it performs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Babaganuche7 I've successfully played on a mobile hotspot before so that might be an option if you've got solid cellular service. Just be very mindful of data usage - would suck to blow through a monthly data allowance and then be stuck with no or extremely slow data.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Babaganuche7 It really depends where you're located. A lot of Starbucks in US actually got free internet provided by Google. I tried it once at a location near my work and got speed faster than my apartment lol. Try McDonalds too, sometimes they have good internet connectivity.

In any case, you can go to a particular location, and then do the speed test

https://projectstream.google.com/speedtest

Do it a few times during different times throughout the day and see how it performs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Babaganuche7 I've successfully played on a mobile hotspot before so that might be an option if you've got solid cellular service. Just be very mindful of data usage - would suck to blow through a monthly data allowance and then be stuck with no or extremely slow data.

0 Kudos