cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

[Performance] Destiny 2 1080p and RDR 1440P/30fps

Why is Destiny 2 running at 1080p medium settings and RDR2 is running at 1440p with only 30fps. This is worse than the visual fidelity on current-gen consoles.

The appeal and value of a pro membership is the performance boost advertised. If there is no performance increase with pro, the value of pro is greatly diminished.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-stadia-tech-review 

https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/19/google-stadia-destiny-2-red-dead-redemption-2-not-hitting-4k-60fps/

https://wccftech.com/stadia-destiny-2-1080p-medium-rdr2-1440p/

11 Kudos
26 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Still no response anywhere that I can find, but I'm sure they're busy dealing with the other issues that have come up.

@GraceFromGoogle Can we get a better explanation of what kind of quality to expect from the platform?

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It’s really terrible. Reminds me of how Destiny 1 looked on Xbox 360.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Chamillion wrote:
I Play RDR2 on Chrom-Browser and this is never 1080p.... it looks like 480p.

Chrome browser is 1080p/60 for now, tho.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@BlimBlim wrote:
I'm also hoping google get's that fixed. Playing RDR in 4k/60 (and at some later point Cyberpunk) is the cause I'm interested in Stadia. Otherwise I can get that games cheaper for my PC and play it there. Really hoping there will be an official voice from Stadia responding on that issues soon and tell us if they're working on that or if they have problems that cannot be solved soon.

I agree. Same with Destiny 2. 

Thankfully with Stadia it will be much easier and quicker for the developers to update things.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The whole reason I bought the Stadia was because it's supposed to be twice as powerful as my PS4 pro.

In practice it's a downgrade. Framerate is better, but visuals are worse. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

ACO is locked at 30, too.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Google can you please reply on this, as you are aware we ALL have 15 days from delivery to return our Stadia for a full refund, so if you aren't going to be honest or forthcoming then we will have to return our Stadia's because of the small returns window. I'm yet to see any evidence anywhere of any PC game running at 4k 60FPS at Max settings which is what we were lead to believe would be the case.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Bog That's disappointing. I've also seen reports of Odyssey being 1080p native and up-sampling. @GraceFromGoogle 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Is it possible that the destiny graphics already improved? The day before yesterday i watched the first impression videos on youtube and destiny looked really poor. Poor textures, shadows, less objects. I played with the idea to cancel my stadia order a day before delivery. I'm glad i didn't. Destiny here at home looks a lot better then in the videos. Sharp textures, good shadows, nice colours, perfect lighting. Input lag is nearly not existing. So far i can only play on chrome browser PC on a 65 sony tv and my huawai notebook. Both in 1080p /60hz. I'm positive surprised. Even wireless on my notebook nearly no input lag (even when my wife is wachting a netflix show or listening to spotify (Never expected that). In 2 day i'll hopefully get the chromecast ultra and can try 4k HDR 5.1. My experience is that there is no comparison to what i saw on youtube 2 days ago.... it looked horrible...so maybe google did already something?!?!.....i wish google would communicate more transparent. I cant understand the bad reviews at all. Even the prices in the german shop are normal to good. New games cost in every shop 59 to 69 €. There are already a lot of cheap games in stadia store! Metro 29 €, Tomb Raider 10€, FFXV 29 Edit: The delivery of chromecast Ultra and gamepad is sheduled for today
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@razzzar Thanks for the feedback, I really hope the situation is improving. I look forward to trying FFXV on Stadia. I hope the visual quality eventually lives up to the 'pro' moniker.

0 Kudos