cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Lagging with frontier

Jump to solution
Is anybody else having problems with staida using frontier FiOS I tried rebooting everything nothing seems to work does anyone know of a solution
2 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member
1 Kudo
7 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Oscarv86 There are a lot of variables that can impact game performance. Let's start by exploring a few of them:

1. Are you experiencing input lag (you press "jump" but the character waits before complying), audio which lags behind the video (you see the muzzle flash but it takes a moment before you hear the shot), or just a poor/stuttery video framerate?
  2. Are you seeing this problem on Chromecast, Chrome (computer), and/or phone?
  3. How is the impacted device(s) connected to your network (wired Ethernet, 2.4GHz WiFi, 5GHz WiFi, etc)?
  4. On Chrome or phone, are you using the Stadia controller or some other input device?
  5. What latency, jitter, and packet loss measurements do you see when running a test against https://packetlosstest.com/

0 Kudos
Community Member
1 Kudo
Community Member
This is confirmed. On Frontier in Florida. Direct Frontier connection works like garbage, VPN to Washington DC with a third of the speed capacity after speed testing works flawlessly.
1 Kudo
Community Member
Does Chromecast allow you to use a VPN ?
0 Kudos
Community Member
I talked to one of you guys over the phone and one of you guys said that it could be a problem with how you guys communicate with frontier fiber connection
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Chromecast doesn't offer any native VPN configuration options. If you wanted to tunnel the Chromecast's traffic then you'd need to configure that somewhere upstream (like your router). Note that a VPN probably wouldn't help in this case, though, since it would add additional hops, latency, and speed decreases to your setup. If your internet connection doesn't work well enough when connected directly to Stadia then I doubt it will work any better with additional constraints.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes, is annoying. Looks like this is due ți frontier, I might change to spectrum unless there are works in progress?

0 Kudos