cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Just now trying to set up Founder's Edition

Jump to solution

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was just now able to get my son his Founder's Edition package.

He is trying to set it up and he is receiving a message that someone has already used his code.

Is there an expiration date on the Founder's Edition invite code?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @jcpanda2038,

I don't know about an expiration date of the code, but there are two things you might want to consider:

a) If you have purchased the Founder's edition with Google (store.google.com) and you have the hardware already received, you can try to contact the Stadia team to receive a new code. As far as I know it's needed to present them your serial-number(s) of the hardware and maybe also the order-number (which you can find when being logged with the account who purchased it into pay.google.com or store.google.com)

b) if you have purchased the Founder's edition via ebay or another 3rd party store or used by another person, it might be a bit more difficult, because it can be that that person used the code already but then found out then they didn't want it and sold it. In those cases you can try as mentioned above to contact the Stadia support if they have any possibility to give you a new code.

In case you mean the Buddy pass code, there is indeed an expiration date, see here.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @jcpanda2038,

I don't know about an expiration date of the code, but there are two things you might want to consider:

a) If you have purchased the Founder's edition with Google (store.google.com) and you have the hardware already received, you can try to contact the Stadia team to receive a new code. As far as I know it's needed to present them your serial-number(s) of the hardware and maybe also the order-number (which you can find when being logged with the account who purchased it into pay.google.com or store.google.com)

b) if you have purchased the Founder's edition via ebay or another 3rd party store or used by another person, it might be a bit more difficult, because it can be that that person used the code already but then found out then they didn't want it and sold it. In those cases you can try as mentioned above to contact the Stadia support if they have any possibility to give you a new code.

In case you mean the Buddy pass code, there is indeed an expiration date, see here.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ya, bought from Google at launch. I will contact the Stadia team and go from there! Thanks for the detailed help!

0 Kudos