cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Army2willis
Community Member

I have no idea if your working on this or not but...

Stadia needs a better way to access pictures and video for sharing. Having to go on PC to my account and download archive is time consuming and a hassle. The better the ease of access the more consumers will like nthe product. Especially content creators like myself.  Maybe have a tab connected to the Stadia app that allows the user to view photos and video, share from within app, and delete from there as well. Then once you have the basic internal system going you can branch bra to external social media sites like Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, etc. 

P.S. having messaging system and ability to join friends parties would be nice as well.

Army2willis
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Army2willis : I'd be shocked if Google wasn't already developing these features along with a host of other stuff as well.  It's pretty clear that the Web UI, Stadia app and Chrome UI for Stadia are all very basic with various features disabled and only present from the Stadia app for example.

I think that it is just a case of being patient for these new features to roll out, I suspect that a lot of folks are busy in prep for the base edition rollout and I would envisage that a whole bunch of stuff will be released at around the same time too.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Army2willis
Community Member

I see what your saying but, from the eyes of a young developer as myself I can't see them waiting for the base versions release. These things need testing and lots of it and it would be more beneficial to release to us before it's free so the kinks can be worked out. The issue is not if they are working on the features but the lack of communication with the community on what's in the pipeline, a time frame even if not exact or needs to be pushed back, and the direction they intend to take with stadia.

Army2willis
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Army2willis : I think that it is quite normal not to be kept in the loop for the development timeframe.  Some features have been committed to albeit without any specific time frame beyond early 2020 or highest priority.  Some of the early feedback we did get was around following a similar release strategy to other parts of Google where code drops would be integrated in an approx. 2 week cycle or monthly can't recall which now off the top of my head, but that doesn't seem to quite fit the bill either.  

I think part of the issue for everyone currently is that there are so many different aspects to Stadia that are either not available or have very limited integration that it is a hard task to keep everyone happy with any features that are rolled out. 

Aside from the last 4 games to be released on Stadia in December, the only features that I can recall being released since Stadia launch has been: 

1. Buddy Pass
  2. Add the Store onto the web page
  3. Add a partial implementation for the achievements system.

I'm trying to think of anything else that has been released and I can't think of any features?  Maybe there are some more that I've missed?

Whereas there are a whole heap of features that folks want ranging from working 5.1 sound, screen resolutions, fps increase, family sharing, media share, base edition etc.

I guess we still need to factor in the recent holiday season what with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year.   I just suspect that we will be waiting a bit longer for these new features to get implemented and improved upon beyond their initial release IMHO.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Army2willis
Community Member

I heard that the FPS will increase for all resolutions once google gets their hands on the rumored 2080ti killer on the rdna 2 gpus from AMD. Of course this is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt but, if you look at what Google did it would be smart and make lots of since. Start with the Vega 64 gpus on  a huge discount price when the rdna first gen is already out and wait for the big boys of RDNA from AMD with a partnered deal of course. Giving massive performance improvements over what we have right now. They also wouldn't need to upgrade the systems again until around the time consoles do and that would only be to stay ahead of them performance wise. 

For me I'm shocked by how many deals AMD has done with literally every gaming console company and even sell phone companies to lock out intel and Nvidia. LOL, no of this will show or reap benefits for them until they become a household name for gaming though.

Army2willis
1 Kudo