Hello. Got my Stadia code and went to test it out on Chrome on my computer. When I play Destiny 2 at any setting besides the lowest setting (Limited data usage), I get horrible, horrible input lag of about 2-3 seconds per movement. The settings in game say I have an "Ok" connection.
I have a 100mb up/down Verizon Fios connection. I have run speedtests confirming I am getting these speeds, and I have run latency tests and get a steady 9-15ms on US servers.
I am not very tech savvy, but I added port forwarding exceptions for the ports listed in this article https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943?hl=en&ref_topic=9495216. I have no adblocker or Extensions installed in Chrome, and am using the latest version. I am not using a VPN. I do not have the Controller/Chromecast yet to test it there. I am on a wired connection.
Can anyone who is a little more tech savvy give me some insight as to what I can do to try to fix this issue? Thank you.
edit- After a bunch of trial and error, I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it from the bottom up and now I am only getting very very slight latency, guess there was some sort of issue with my old install.
Interesting that removing and reinstalling the browser corrected the problem - thanks for sharing that tidbit!
Did you try any other Chrome troubleshooting steps first like opening Stadia in an incognito window or using chrome://settings/reset to reset the browser without uninstalling?
On the Chromecast all my latency and artifacting problems disappeared so I wanted to figure out why chrome is being such a pill to deal with. I had originally uninstalled and reinstalled chrome to no avail, BUT I did check the task manager and there were still two instances. You cancel one and the game works perfect. God chrome is a pain in the butt.
@Quarrie It certainly shouldn't; Stadia has worked pretty much immediately for me on every platform I've tried (Chromebook, Chromecast, and Pixel phone) without requiring any additional tweaks or effort on my part. It does sound like there might be some conflicts and issues with certain configurations on Windows and Linux.
If you encounter any such problems, please be sure to use the Feedback option inside the Stadia Chrome app to let the developers know. It's still very early in Stadia's life so I'm optimistic that they will be able to improve the detection and handling of these edge cases.
I may be old but evident not as stupid as i feared. I have a game room that was giving me problems. Moved to another room an everything works fine.
So now all i have to do if figure out why the signal strength in that other room fluctuates so much.