cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Horrible latency issues with Destiny 2 unless on the lowest setting. Any help? [edit: Solved]

Hello. Got my Stadia code and went to test it out on Chrome on my computer. When I play Destiny 2 at any setting besides the lowest setting (Limited data usage), I get horrible, horrible input lag of about 2-3 seconds per movement. The settings in game say I have an "Ok" connection.

I have a 100mb up/down Verizon Fios connection. I have run speedtests confirming I am getting these speeds, and I have run latency tests and get a steady 9-15ms on US servers.

I am not very tech savvy, but I added port forwarding exceptions for the ports listed in this article https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943?hl=en&ref_topic=9495216. I have no adblocker or Extensions installed in Chrome, and am using the latest version. I am not using a VPN. I do not have the Controller/Chromecast yet to test it there. I am on a wired connection.

Can anyone who is a little more tech savvy give me some insight as to what I can do to try to fix this issue? Thank you.

edit- After a bunch of trial and error, I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it from the bottom up and now I am only getting very very slight latency, guess there was some sort of issue with my old install.

2 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Interesting that removing and reinstalling the browser corrected the problem - thanks for sharing that tidbit!

Did you try any other Chrome troubleshooting steps first like opening Stadia in an incognito window or using chrome://settings/reset to reset the browser without uninstalling?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

H there! Joined the Stadia family today, and was also having a very similar issue in Destiny. My connection is good, however the game was lagging and there was sound crackling/artifacts which I found really odd. Then I noticed that every time I launched Stadia on Chrome, the main menu appeared then faded... and appeared again (like if I was login in twice). Every single time. I checked processes under task manager and bingo! Two instances of Stadia running (exact same CPU,% memory%, Disk% etc) at the same time! Uninstalled Chrome, rebooted, reinstalled Chrome, Stadia, and the problem was solved! Maybe this is something everyone should look at if getting bad latency etc. Cheers, Juliano
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

On the Chromecast all my latency and artifacting problems disappeared so I wanted to figure out why chrome is being such a pill to deal with. I had originally uninstalled and reinstalled chrome to no avail, BUT I did check the task manager and there were still two instances. You cancel one and the game works perfect. God chrome is a pain in the butt.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the same problem too. I guess now I have to uninstall my chrome now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Don't see anything in that article about port forwarding...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

can't edit my post but nvm. Found it. Thanks for the link though.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Is Stadia something I'm going to need an advanced degree to tune enough to be playable?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Quarrie It certainly shouldn't; Stadia has worked pretty much immediately for me on every platform I've tried (Chromebook, Chromecast, and Pixel phone) without requiring any additional tweaks or effort on my part. It does sound like there might be some conflicts and issues with certain configurations on Windows and Linux.

If you encounter any such problems, please be sure to use the Feedback option inside the Stadia Chrome app to let the developers know. It's still very early in Stadia's life so I'm optimistic that they will be able to improve the detection and handling of these edge cases. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

i have great hope for the platform as well.  I just think im too old and stupid to be a Stadia user.  Maybe if i pay some teenager $50 bucks they can make it work for me.

0 Kudos