cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Google Wifi an issue?

Jump to solution
I'm getting kicked out of games due to unstable connection issues. I have a 400 mbps connection speed using a Google Wifi mesh network. I can play 8k videos from Youtube on the same Windows PC that I'm playing Stadia on. I get great results when I run the Project Streaming speed test. So why is my in game Connection rating going from Good to OK to Game Might Stop (and sometimes does) when playing Stadia? Gaming Preferred mode not yet available for my Google Home or Google Wifi apps. I assume Gaming Preferred will also work with Google WIfi and not just the Google Nest Wifi. If I need to upgrade to the latter, can someone at Google let me know?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Is there a way to edit a post?  My previous post said "I passed Project Streaming with an Excellent", it actually says "Great".  I think in Stadia the best connection is "Excellent" which I wished (and should be getting) I had.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm happy to report a solution to the controller unlinking problem if you are using Google Wifi.  Using the Google Wifi app, reset the network.  This should stop the controller from loosing it's link during gameplay.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member
Mmm, I’ve just checked and I can’t see those options either. Maybe Google will roll this out via an app update to particular regions? It does however say on the support thread that “This setting is on by default but isn’t active unless you’re playing games on Stadia“ - surely the setting doesn’t appear when only playing Stadia? It’s a long shot but will check.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Odin1 do you still have this issue?  Did it ever resolve itself?  I used stadia on a 60Mbps connection and it was ok.  Last week I changed ISPs and now have 1Gbps.  Everything you describe is exactly what happens to me since the switch.  Can stream 4k videos fine, have fast connection speeds, but it rarely lets me into a game and when it does, it doesn't let me stay long.  I'm really curious if this is still happening to you 6 months later.  If not, did you do anything to fix it?  I have spent hours troubleshooting with Google and my ISP with no success.

0 Kudos