cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Games won't launch

Jump to solution
Over the past week I have noticed games on Stadia taking longer and longer to load. Then today none of my games make it past the loading (Splash) screen. Some times I get the message - Game failed to load but after restarting they get stuck loading on the splash screen indefinitely. This happens on Chromecast and PC. I have 100 Mbps up and 15Mbps down and have had no problems until about a week ago. From what I can tell, it's not my internet as I also have GForce Now and can stream games with no issue. Anyone else having this problem?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

@Frivolous_Ninny @Mad_Dog_Bravo @Mecanic69 

*UPDATE*. I don't know what changed but as of this evening, All of my games are now launching on PC and Chromecast.  

Hopefully, the issue is resolved but I have no idea what occurred to cause the issue or why it started working all of a sudden.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Community Member

@Kaimen : Which country location are you situated in?  I'm in the UK and not encountering any issue on either Chromecast or Chrome.

What happens if you signout of Stadia and then sign-in again, do you still have the same issue?

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Hey @Mad_Dog_Bravo Thanks for the follow up. I'm in the US.

I tried logging out and logging back in and I'm still having the issue with all of my games.
It doesn't matter if I am home or at work, the same thing happens regardless.
There is a circling icon in the bottom left hand of the screen and eventually, it just says "Reopen game Reopen game to play"

Here a link to a video I made while at work of the issue happening.
https://www.screencast.com/t/XpnAAckv7y

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Kaimen : Contact support and discuss the issue with them.  I suspect that there is an issue on the Stadia side.  I encountered a similar issue very recently on Rise of the TR, but it disappeared after a short while and hasn't resurfaced again.  I've also experienced some abrupt game drops too over the past couple of days so it isn't always sunshine and cloud free skies!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Holaa.. A mi me pasa solo con el juego GHOST RAACONT.. No me carga

0 Kudos
Community Member
Thanks for the follow up @Mecanic69. I'm still having the issue with all of my games. It doesn't matter if I am home or at work, the same thing happens regardless.
0 Kudos
Community Member
I had this issue back in December and started having it again on Sunday, Jan 19. I worked with support the first time and was never sure whether they resolved it or if it resolved itself. Did you get anywhere with support on this issue?
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Frivolous_Ninny No, I'm still working with support to address the issue.

I did have some success this morning, but after launching 4-5 games, it was back to the same thing.

They want me to try launching games using a mobile hotspot, but I don't have access to one at the moment. Hopefully, I will be able to find one over the weekend. 

FYI, although I was seeing slowdowns prior to the 19th.  Launching any games was extremely slow on the 19th and beginning on Monday the 20th, nothing at all would launch. 

I will report back here as soon as I find out anything.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Kaimen I started another support ticket for my own issue. I’ve already tried my account on two other networks and it is doing the same thing. I think it is something on their end.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Frivolous_Ninny 

*UPDATE*

I started testing today around 1:23pm EST and it may be my ISP.

I tried launching Thumper, Tomb Raider and Samurai Showdown on my PC and Chromecast and the issue still persists.

Afterward, I headed into town with my laptop and stopped at a nearby McDonalds and Starbucks.

At both places, all of the games I tried to launch on Stadia started up almost immediately. I did a speedtest on both and their wifi connections were clocking in at about 25Mbps up and 5Mbps down which is 4 times slower than my home network.

I returned home and tried to launch again, and wouldn't you know it, same issue.

This is puzzling because I get the same issue at my job, which is about 40 miles from my home but it's possible their network security software may be interfering with the service.

At McDonalds, the wifi is through AT&T but I forgot to check Starbucks.

Next step is to completely remove my router from the setup and see what happens.

If the issue still persists, I guess I need to contact my ISP.

Any news on your end?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Frivolous_Ninny @Mad_Dog_Bravo @Mecanic69 

*UPDATE*. I don't know what changed but as of this evening, All of my games are now launching on PC and Chromecast.  

Hopefully, the issue is resolved but I have no idea what occurred to cause the issue or why it started working all of a sudden.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Kaimen I am having a similar experience. On Wednesday my games started working Again on all platforms. As I mentioned before, this happened to my account back in December. I’ve asked tech support to leave the ticket open this time to see if they can determine the issue. While having the issue my games would not work on any network or device that I tried. Both times happened, the lasted for a little over a week. At any rate, I’m glad it is working again in time for me to try Gylt and Metro Exodus.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Kaimen : Perhaps it was just the Stadia infrastructure that was at fault in this particular instance if it has just started working without any changes on your side being made.

Hopefully you won't have any further interruption.

0 Kudos