cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Games and Tutorials

Hi, I purchased Stadia to help me connect better with my father. But it seems to be driving us apart more and more. Can you please add a game or tutorial that will help a person learn how to use a dual analog controller? The main issue is him not remembering that one stick is for camera and the other is for movement. This seems to be a real issue with older persons and new users of console video games. If you manage to find a solution to this problem, you could market to more people as the console for families. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@RehanRC :

Use the start of Destiny 2 to practice using both sticks, in the initial outside area he can work on both until he feels comfortable.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@RehanRC first off my man, I just gotta say u def shouldn't use games to "connect better" then the whole now it's driving u more apart? The next thing is what? "I blame u guys at Google and stadia for me and my father not being close at all anymore" I'm just saying games is already a bad start for that stuff. If i need to "connect" more with anyone take it from me, do it in person. I wasn't the greatest of father's honestly (I have a daughter) and it took a lot for us to rebuild our relationship but I will tell you right now, what worked the best and really showed her I DID CARE and was really trying to rebuild stuff with her, was personally seeing her,hanging out, talking and doing activities together. Games are fun don't get me wrong, n if u live far away from each other I can see why I'd be using this as an option (but more of the reason why either u or him should travel to one another and see each other it'd make that connection all the more meaningful) so please don't take any of this as mean.

Giving u just real as advice as a father who wasn't that great or always their for their child in the beginning either, I've fixed my relationship with my daughter but it's all thanks to seeing her in person.

As for the controller thing, again I'm in that same boat and I can 100% agree with that, we older people def didn't grow up with this stuff and while sports games and games that don't utilize the full dual sticks are do-able when u play fps games and all that yah it's def a learning curve.

Where I can def agree with you, there should just be a tutorial to show older people how to get the most out of these dual sticks. Again, may I suggest you help him personally? Idk if u guys are just not close (as in range) to each other but my daughter is who helped me get used to the controller she sat down next to me and helped me out with destiny 2 and just other games. 

Def agree with the tutorial stuff though and I hope you and your father can get that close connection then be able to play games as well as do more together as well

Take care!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo that's pretty much what I did, but I had my daughter help me at the same time. Where that tutorial def helps and gets u to understand it all better it's still nice (at least for me) and to still have someone there explaining it all. That was just me this and yes I'm one of those old farts lol learning curve for sure with these controllers but once u get the hang of them they aren't too bad. Def better than VR lol that was a nightmare for me to try and learn 😝 again, just me, but I can def understand why others may have these problems as well.

We all weren't born with that gamer Gene (the I can pick up anything and just play it/pick it up in a few minutes) even if ur not a pro or s master or even good at games most people with that gene can at least pick up and okay a game and understand it within a few minutes, my daughter is like that. I mean she will get new games (that she has never played before or know anything about them) and within minutes she's able to play, maybe not good, but able to move fine,navigate etc. 

With me, lol def. Not like that at all. It takes me awhile before I get going (depending on the game) I'm a sports buff at heart and why I can't wait (personally) for more sports titles as they are def easier to do the whole pick up play option for us older crowds. N most sports games still have the whole. old-school two button mode lol. So u don't have to worry about getting used to the joysticks or anything like that. It's like u were still playing in ur mega drive back in 93 😊 so it def depends on the game. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo 

Is there a full game where it's just that? Cause that was the first thing I tried. It did not help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Sho 

I guess I'll try Windjammers or Grid maybe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@RehanRC : GRID would work as well, plenty of time to master using both sticks.  Windjammers 2 isn't released yet, so you might have to wait a bit before that gets released..

On GRID, remember that this is only a single player title for a local user, multiplayer is all online.  They haven't released the update to bring split screen local multiplayer to GRID yet, although the developer confirmed that they would be introducing that as a feature in an update/add-on at some point.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos