cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member
How can family members play using my subscription?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @FitzAuer,

this is not possible yet. Google is still working on making this possible and mentioned it's a high priority feature, coming early 2020. I would therefore recommending to keep an eye on the social media channels or on blog.google to see when it'll actually launch.

How will family link integrate into stadia? Will you be able to share games with family members in order to play together? Or will I have to buy a separate copy of the game for each child?

• ANDREY: Family Link is supported on Day 1 to provide parents the ability to manage their child’s experience on Stadia. As a parent you have controls in your Family link app on the phone and the Stadia parental dashboard.
  • Family Sharing is not supported on day 1, so you’ll have to buy games for your child’s account. But it’s a high priority feature, we’re planning to launch early next year. 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Member

any update? we are getting to the point where it will determine if I get a next-gen console or not... This is my single biggest issue. I have 4 kids, they all game and so does my wife and I. Buying 6 copies of a game because of this is a major deal-breaker for buying a game on Stadia vs console.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @FitzAuer,

this is not possible yet. Google is still working on making this possible and mentioned it's a high priority feature, coming early 2020. I would therefore recommending to keep an eye on the social media channels or on blog.google to see when it'll actually launch.

How will family link integrate into stadia? Will you be able to share games with family members in order to play together? Or will I have to buy a separate copy of the game for each child?

• ANDREY: Family Link is supported on Day 1 to provide parents the ability to manage their child’s experience on Stadia. As a parent you have controls in your Family link app on the phone and the Stadia parental dashboard.
  • Family Sharing is not supported on day 1, so you’ll have to buy games for your child’s account. But it’s a high priority feature, we’re planning to launch early next year. 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Community Member

>> it's a high priority feature, coming early 2020

Riiiiiight....

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hehe yeah Vanterax, "early 2020" is not working anymore xD

Let's hope it's still coming 2020.

1 Kudo