cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Does it work in Thailand?

Hi there! I took my Stadia from Germany to Thailand. I habe fiber internet here with 500 mbit down and up. The test was positve. But when I want to play a game I get the message, that my connection is not stable? What is the issue? I was really looking forward for a „portable“ high end gaming solution. I is so sad, that is may be just blocked? Can you shed some light into this? Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @t0p,

you was probably able to get Stadia, because it's available and working in Germany. But now that you moved to Thailand, it's not supported anymore so that might be a reason, why it's not working properly for you. Just to be sure, you could also of course ask the Stadia support if there is anything you can do regarding this.

Stadia and the Stadia Controller are available in the following regions:

• United States
  • Canada
  • United Kingdom
  • France
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Belgium
  • Ireland
  • Netherlands

At this time, Stadia is not supported in Hawaii or Guam. Puerto Rico and Alaska are supported. Source: This article

1 Kudo
Community Member

Did you ever manage to get this working? Via VPN or some other method?

I plan to retire to Thailand in 2021 and I would be disappointed if I couldn't play Stadia.

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

Hey man, this is an unofficial workaround and it is not guaranteed to work, but at least it is something you could use before they start supporting Stadia in Thailand. I play with many friends from unsupported regions and this is working for them.

• Start your VPN
  • Switch it to a supported country (that is preferably close to Thailand)
  • Go to Stadia, start your game, and as soon as the game starts, turn off your VPN. This will reset your connection for a few seconds and then you will be connected to the closest data centre that is available in your region. If there are absolutely no data centres available, I'd recommend sticking to the VPN but then the latency might become a problem.

I hope this helped! 

0 Kudos