cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Destiny 2 Performance in Germany 2 Player in on network

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a question regarding playing Destiny in Germany. We have a 50k Network Connection with a Ping of 7 ms. When we play Destiny alone or together (same router) it is a little bit more than acceptable. We only play in 1080 and the stream is not very smooth. If there are momenta in Destiny where the Playstation or the PC have Problems because of many Players or Action Stadia have more problems e.g. In the tower, sundial. We use both Chromecast Ultras connected with Lan on the Router. Before we got our Controllers I played Destiny on Stadia on my Macbook Pro this was great. But now the performance there (only 1 Player) is also bad. 

Is it only me with the Problem? How can I test my Network? All Speed Tests I use show high Speed and low latency. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

50 mbit is not enough for 2 players @4K and just barely enough for 2 players @1080p. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Member

50 mbit is not enough for 2 players @4K and just barely enough for 2 players @1080p. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Member

Ok thats bad. We dont need 4k but 1080p should be reached. Unfortunately Our provider only offers 50 mbits at max. And there is no other who is offering a faster connection. Bad luck for us. At least it is running and voice chat is super. Maybe its getting better with turned of hdr.

0 Kudos
Community Member

In theory 50mbit is enough for 2x 1080p60 but only if there are no further slowdowns, e.g. because your router's CPU cannot keep up or the walls in your home are blocking WiFi reception just a little bit too much. 

You should both be able to play with the stream quality set to 720p60  (lowest). 

0 Kudos
Community Member

We played a round Sundial and strikes today. Every time when there are a lot of monster or at the beginning of a level the lag is extreme. We try to play on 720 tomorrow. Thank you for your answer. 

0 Kudos