cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
Community Member

Delete profile, do not want to wait 30 days for a new profile

Hi there,
I deleted my Stadia profile because I got a founders code and wanted to use it instead of my old code. Now stadia says unfortunately that I have to wait 30 days before I can create a new profile (because I could still restore my old profile until then). The support via chat could not help me. Is there anything else I can do so that I don't have to wait 30 days?
Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @enra, the deletion apparently takes 30 days, there is nothing you can do do make that faster (see here).

I guess that's the problem when you want to use your specific Google account with that specific (new) code. Otherwise you could always create a new Google account and use the code on that one if you want to play directly.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @Chufu,

so it's sad but can't be changed.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer and the clarification that I just have to be patient.

Stadia is great. Hope it stays with us for a long time. ๐Ÿ‘

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I believe this is a somewhat common practice to curb account churning by griefers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Well, I think the idea itself is good. For me it is a little bit sad that you cannot instantly delete the profile but in the future there will be no reason for it because there are no founders codes anymore.

25 Days left... ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I still have 30 days to go. A bit sadder for me. I think players should be able to do an instant delete and create on the first instance and then it gets 30 days, 90 days, until it gets punishingly harder the more you do it.

Everything has a future
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Think if for a mistake you delete your profile (or someone stole it) and  you are trying to recover it. If it will be instantly deleted you will complain for the opposite

0 Kudos