cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Controller Button Latency

Stadia is completely unplayable. Everytime I press a button on the controller my avatar reacts 0.3-0.5 seconds later. When you're in a tricky situation that's the difference between life and death! I have supper fast fiber optic broadband (100Mbs) with the Chromecast Ultra connected via ethernet. Resolution/graphics/general image quality is amazing but unfortunately you just cannot enjoy any of it with this darn controller button lag 😔
1 Kudo
11 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Lomas Are you seeing this in a particular game or is it a poor experience across the board? Does the controller still lag even when navigating through the Stadia menus?

1 Kudo
Community Member

It's across the board, all games and in the menu. The issues is only when the controller is wireless. I tried it plugged in via my laptop and it latency went.... But this means I can't play wireless on my big TV via Chromecast Ultra 😔 Please tell me a patch is coming!
1 Kudo
Community Member

Sounds like your WiFi isn’t the best wherever your controller is located. Do other wireless devices have issues in that room? Run a speed test from your phone? Connect your controller to a mobile hotspot?

\\Tax
0 Kudos
Community Member

Almost the same for me, I can't play and I can't hear the game because the controller is not responding well in anything. I have the chromecast ultra connected by ethernet and mi conection is better than 400MB... Is there anything I could do to have a better experience? @GraceFromGoogle
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Varotelli @Lomas have you tried putting your TV in "game mode"? I've seen some other reports that doing so can have a dramatic impact on perceived latency. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm playing on a samsung monitor, so I don't know what could I do about that game mode... hahaha
0 Kudos
Community Member

Not sure if this will help but worth a shot. I encountered something similar but it seems to be resolved now. I port forwarded 44700-44899 (TCP and UDP), https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Nothing is resolved now 😞

I have 2000 ms latency. Sometimes worse playing on Chrome with Stadia controller. 47 Mbits download speed and a ping of 14 ms.

Played on 2 different laptops. Same thing. Unplayable.

The laptop was only device connected to WiFi

Played on tablet in hotel (40 Mbits) and it worked fine

I'm going insane here. What the heck is wrong with my router????

Chromecast ultra works fine btw but I don't want to be restricted to my TV. That's not the point

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Kurupter where would I plus those values in on this screen?

I'm also having issues with latency/input lag (are they one and the same) with the controller.

Screenshot_20191219-173737.png

Add me on Stadia: Deni
0 Kudos
Community Member

Enter "44700 - 44899" into the internal ports section. Again, not sure if this will work.
0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Hey, not 100% sure it will help, but you might try going through this quick guide: https://forms.gle/4cb5j1JWrUh1JfdYA

It's not really specifically directed at controller issues, but most of what is described regarding general WiFi problems should apply to your situation.

0 Kudos