cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Connection problems with GWiFi and stadia

Connecting problems with Google WiFi. Hi. Got a GWiFi network, everything working fine, except for my Google Chromecast devices & Google hime mini only connecting to 2,4 GHZ network. Stadia doesn't work well on 2,4 GHZ, so I want my connection to be on 5ghz When contacting Google WiFi support, I get ridiculous bad support, ending with them saying there is nothing to do about it - that is the function of the GWiFi. When contacting Stadia, the support staff hasn't got a clue what GWiFi is, and ask me to contact the company manufacturing the router. It is a joke.ti try to get support from Google on the issue

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Member

@CCSPDK :

Since GWiFi uses the same SSID name for both the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz networks (why on earth they choose to do this is beyond me!), it doesn't actually look like you have much control over this at all!

https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6293481?hl=en-GB 

I would imagine that the only option is to reset the controller and reconnect and see if it decides to connect to the 2.4Ghz instead of the 5Ghz, but you would have little control if it decides to switch over to the 2.4Ghz network for any number of reasons at some point afterwards...

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

That is exactly the problem you are describing, but no solution.

It means that Google is selling a wifi mesh system that is incompatible with high quality Google Stadia gaming.

I sincerely hope that Google will get its act together, and sort this out.

Otherwise they should issue a warning about the incompatibility.

Best regards 

CCSP

0 Kudos
Community Member

Spoiler
Spoiler

Anyone got a suggestion on what to do, and how to make Google aware that their products are incompatible

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo 

Thanks.

Have of course tried reconnecting.

Stadia support is useless, giving no help.

1 Kudo