cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Connection issues with Chromebook only

Hi, 

I'm having connection issues with Chromebook only.

My Stadia works fine on Chromecast and fine on 2 different Windows laptops, (1st being a newish i5 work laptop and 2nd being a 4-5 year only i3 laptop, both work fine). The story is somewhat different on my brand new Acer r13 Chromebook. I've disabled and uninstalled all extensions, removed the Linux installation, I've tried wired (via a ethernet to usb2.0 dongle, no ethernet port on the Chromebook) and wifi connection without joy. My connection is fast enough 40 down/10 up, I've got these speed results on the Chromebook that i'm having issues with. I get the red exclamation mark in the screed that opens when you press the Stadia button or shift+tab on keyboard, then the connection issues window pops up. This is very frustrating as Stadia was one of the main reasons I bought a new laptop and Chromebook made sense to me as i'm deep in the google ecosystem. Could my Chromebook be faulty? 

3 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Shyloc 

i'm also trying to run stadia on an acer R13

here are my tries so far: https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-on-Chrome/Poor-network-performance-via-Chromebook/m-p/6671#M3...

made it run in incognito mode and only for a couple of minutes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm having the same issues on my Acer Chromebook 15 with the instability and network issues. No troubles on same network using Stadia on a PC, TV, and phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

My Chromebook won't even sign in.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issues here with a 4 year old lenovo n22 chromebook, 20 up / 80 down, chromecast and laptop fine. Being Chrome o/s expected this to work flawlessly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Your Chromebook has an old and way too slow CPU to decode a 1080p60 VP9 stream in software. 

Maybe the lower 720p60 setting will work, though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It would be nice to get some additional guidance from Google on what Chromebooks can actually support Stadia. I'm beginning to think mine cannot.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello @Wayren,

have you got Stadia working on your Acer Chromebook 15?

I hope that you don't mind me asking directly and so late!

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey @WonderPaul!

I did get it working to some degree actually. I tried a trick I've seen on Reddit a few times and disabled my mic on stadia.com. For whatever reason this let games actually load successfully. Unfortunately there is still more lag than on the other platforms (TV, PC, etc.) so I don't really use it much. 

0 Kudos