cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Connection issues with Chromebook only

Hi, 

I'm having connection issues with Chromebook only.

My Stadia works fine on Chromecast and fine on 2 different Windows laptops, (1st being a newish i5 work laptop and 2nd being a 4-5 year only i3 laptop, both work fine). The story is somewhat different on my brand new Acer r13 Chromebook. I've disabled and uninstalled all extensions, removed the Linux installation, I've tried wired (via a ethernet to usb2.0 dongle, no ethernet port on the Chromebook) and wifi connection without joy. My connection is fast enough 40 down/10 up, I've got these speed results on the Chromebook that i'm having issues with. I get the red exclamation mark in the screed that opens when you press the Stadia button or shift+tab on keyboard, then the connection issues window pops up. This is very frustrating as Stadia was one of the main reasons I bought a new laptop and Chromebook made sense to me as i'm deep in the google ecosystem. Could my Chromebook be faulty? 

4 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm currently in the queue to chat with google about this 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Please share anything revelant they tell you, having this issue on a chromebook as well
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm to speak with Google over the phone when i'm back at home at 18:00 gmt. I'll update here, by the way, what Chromebook do you have?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It's the Samsung Chromebook from like 2 years ago.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Shyloc @HighScoreJimmy :

See if the problem remains if you reset the Chrome flags.  Navigate to the URL  chrome://flags then select Reset all to default, restart Chrome and try again...  Might help, might not...but no harm in trying.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi, I have someone calling me at 18:00gmt, I'll see if this is brought up or not. I haven't changed any flags myself.

I have spoken on Reddit with another Acer R13 user who is experiencing the same issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

hi, i really like stadia - works great on Chromecast, Pixel 4 and a Windows Laptop (Lenovo T450s with i5). But I have issues with my Chromebook too. I use a Acer CB5 311 T6R7 with Tegra K1 from 10/2014. The Games are loading and the connection shifts from good to okay to "might lose connection". But it does not matter because I always experience so much lag that the games are not playable. Internet is 100 down / 40 up. I created a 5Ghz Wifi SSID just for the Chromebook, tried diffrent settings, incognito mode and at the end I powerwashed the Chromebook. Nothing is improving the lag. I noticed that the sound always matches the input, but the picture does not react until 2 to 3 seconds later... Is my Chromebook just not capaple of playing Games with Stadia???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Shyloc 

This very much sounds like my problem, except that it doesnt work on two Windows PCs while everywhere else instead.

I tested a lot of stuff, see here:

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Network-Connectivity/Stadia-same-wired-network-bad-connection-on-Chr...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm with you on the Samsung. Just tried it out, both Destiny 2 and Samurai Showdown disconnected. I thought D2 might have trouble but not Samurai Showdown. Internet speed is fine, so not sure.. hope things improve

0 Kudos