cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Chromecast Ultra disconnects every 90 seconds

I've set up Chromecast Ultra and controller fine, everything says ready to go... I start playing a game and EVERY time, within 30-90 seconds the Chromecast will black out and say I need to re-sync controller. The controller is fine and still connected, I load the Google Home App and the Chromecast has crashed and I have to reset it.

Is this just a faulty Ultra? How do I fix it or get it replaced?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Member

Wifi o cable?

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Try doing other non-Stadia activities with it to see if it behaves the same way.

For example, find a nice lengthy 4K video on youtube and cast it to your CCU and see if it misbehaves in the same way.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I tried everything and nothing worked, it just crashed no matter the connection/device/content. Obviously faulty. Google support was an absolute joke about it, so i've returned it for a full refund (which takes 14 working days after they receive the unit.,.. lol). This whole experience has been appalling, won't be using Google Store for anything again.
0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

...was probably overheating... had the same issue.  I opened my component cabinet from the rear... never happened again. 

0 Kudos