cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrian2
Community Member

Child-only account creation

Jump to solution
Hi... I don't see a way to create a Stadia account just for my child, who's turning 13 soon. He's been part of my family within Google Family Link for almost 2 years, but Stadia wouldn't let me log in to manage family members until I created a Stadia account for myself. That required me to use my single-use invite code that was included with buying the Stadia controller package. So now I have an active Stadia account and I don't even play games, but my son, who is the reason I bought the Stadia for, can't play because I had to use the invite code for setting things up.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @bbrian2,

At the moment you have only the choice then to let your child play with your own account, if you don't want to buy a second premiere edition and you don't have any buddy passes that you could give to your son, because at the moment you can only play Stadia with a code. So you could either wait, until Stadia Base is coming, or allow him to play with your account. You could also contact the Stadia support for more information about this.

2020 it should be easier though when family sharing is available, because what I heard was that you can then share your Stadia Pro membership so that your family can profit from this on Stadia too.

Here is some more info 

How will family link integrate into stadia? Will you be able to share games with family members in order to play together? Or will I have to buy a separate copy of the game for each child?

• ANDREY: Family Link is supported on Day 1 to provide parents the ability to manage their child’s experience on Stadia. As a parent you have controls in your Family link app on the phone and the Stadia parental dashboard.
  • Family Sharing is not supported on day 1, so you’ll have to buy games for your child’s account. But it’s a high priority feature, we’re planning to launch early next year. 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @bbrian2,

At the moment you have only the choice then to let your child play with your own account, if you don't want to buy a second premiere edition and you don't have any buddy passes that you could give to your son, because at the moment you can only play Stadia with a code. So you could either wait, until Stadia Base is coming, or allow him to play with your account. You could also contact the Stadia support for more information about this.

2020 it should be easier though when family sharing is available, because what I heard was that you can then share your Stadia Pro membership so that your family can profit from this on Stadia too.

Here is some more info 

How will family link integrate into stadia? Will you be able to share games with family members in order to play together? Or will I have to buy a separate copy of the game for each child?

• ANDREY: Family Link is supported on Day 1 to provide parents the ability to manage their child’s experience on Stadia. As a parent you have controls in your Family link app on the phone and the Stadia parental dashboard.
  • Family Sharing is not supported on day 1, so you’ll have to buy games for your child’s account. But it’s a high priority feature, we’re planning to launch early next year. 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Highlighted
bbrian2
Community Member
Extremely helpful response. Thanks so much!!
0 Kudos