cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Checking your connection...

I've tried updating Chrome, disabling extensions, installing the Stadia chrome app, etc.. No change in any way. Every game I load, I just get the "Checking your connection..." message, and it hangs for about 2 minutes, only to give me a "Reopen the game to play" message, with an OK box, which just kicks me back to the main menu. I've also tried to instead run it on my linux laptop, but despite being on the latest version of Chrome, Stadia insists that it needs to be updated, and refuses to even try to load a game. This is an impressively bad start.
2 Kudos
12 Replies
Community Member

I know it sounds a little silly - but can you post some of your results for a couple random speed tests? speedtest.net / https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/ you can also try the one from the Stadia site, but that uses measurementlab also, be sure to test ON the same device you are getting those errors from
0 Kudos
Community Member

I've done tons of speed tests, and they're definitely not related - I'm well over 400Mb down, and about 30Mb up. This is also wired, so no additional latency or interference.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm having this problem and lowest speed I see with stadia speed test is 200+M
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@elim Which version of Chrome are you in right now? There's also another user experiencing the same thing. Even though Chrome says he's on the latest update, turns out it's not. I originally had the same issue, but was able to launch Stadia games after getting it to version 78.0.3904.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Here's the link to the discussion:

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-on-Chrome/Chromebook-Update/m-p/755#M5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Ivan Chrome is currently Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@elim That's newer than mine (prob just different versioning from Linux to Chromebook) but looks like on the same level. Were you actually able to launch a game, then it just kept spinning, or was it actually blocking you from launching the game (what happened to me before upgrading)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Ivan On windows, I can click the game, and it acts like it's going to start, but then I just get the 'Checking your connection...' which hangs there for a few minutes, and finally only gives me an option to go back to the main menu. On linux, it just tells me to update Chrome, and ends there. This reddit thread outlines the same issue: https://old.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/dyshbf/stuck_in_checking_your_connection_i_cant_launch/

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@elim Yeah not sure what's going on then.. I'm assuming your Chrome version on Windows is also on the latest version? If yes, I don't know what's going on.. I had no issue launching games on Chrome PC/Chromebook.. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I stumbled on another post, which seems to solve the issue, but it is not an acceptable solution. I disabled ublock origin for the site originally, but hadn't disabled it entirely. Disabling it entirely seems to resolve the issue. However, a friend who also has ublock origin installed does not have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Opening in an incognito window resolved the issue for me. Going to have to figure out which extension has things mucked up: probably adblocker. 

UPDATE: it was my VPN Chrome Extension -- even though I wasn't currently using it. Disabled it and Stadia is working without incognito.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Getting the same issue. Incognito does not fix it. I'm the network admin at the site in question. Fortigate firewall does SSL inspection. Logs aren't showing anything in particular. Looking for assistance.
0 Kudos
Community Member

It looks like stadia doesnt allow MITM Certificates for SSL inspection. Got the same problem here

0 Kudos