cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can't play any games over wifi

Jump to solution
Hi all! I have my Chromecast ultimate hooked up to my tv and also have a Pixel 3. I can't seem to play any game due to my wifi connection not being stable enough. I can usually get into the title screen of a game before the message pops and it kicks me out. I have this issue on both my Chromecast and phone over WiFi, and unfortunately can't currently test out a landline connection for awhile. I have tried restarting everything, making sure no one else is on my same wifi channel, have good speeds, etc. I have also turned down the visual quality in the Stadia app but that hasn't helped. I saw some other posts mentioning doing packet lost tests and am posting results below: Upload Packet Loss 0.0% (0 / 149) Total Packet Loss 0.0% (0 / 149) Download Packet Loss 0.0% (0 / 149) Late Packets 2.0%. (3 / 149) Average Latency: 84.84ms Average Jitter: 18.45ms These numbers seem to all be fine, are at least fine enough that I should be able to at least start a game. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should try next? I am sure I am missing something fairly simple.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Maverick814 You mention issues on Chromecast and your phone; any problems playing in the Chrome browser on your computer? 

And by "landline" do you mean an Ethernet cable run between the Chromecast and the router or are you talking about something else?

Honestly, using a wired connection really seems to resolve a lot of the Chromecast-specific complaints that we've been seeing. You might also want to check out some of the troubleshooting tips here and make sure that ports 44700 - 44899 (TCP and UDP) aren't being restricted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Maverick814 You mention issues on Chromecast and your phone; any problems playing in the Chrome browser on your computer? 

And by "landline" do you mean an Ethernet cable run between the Chromecast and the router or are you talking about something else?

Honestly, using a wired connection really seems to resolve a lot of the Chromecast-specific complaints that we've been seeing. You might also want to check out some of the troubleshooting tips here and make sure that ports 44700 - 44899 (TCP and UDP) aren't being restricted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I was able to narrow it down to my wifi specifically. I will either have to use a landline or just play it elsewhere besides the home. Appreciate the reply!

0 Kudos