cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dagolag
Community Member

Can't choose my gamertag on Stadia

Jump to solution
Hello from Germany As I registered my Stadia Code, I was aksed to choose an name, that I want to use on Stadia. I tryed to choose my all time used gamertag "Dagolag" but it says, that this name is not possible. So I take an other name, but that one is not my preferred one. I contacted the english Stadia support trouth chat, Rob answered and tryed to change my name but was also not able to set the name to Dagolag. He then opened a ticket for higher tier support and sayed, they would call me. That was 10 days ago and till now, nothing new happend. So now I want to ask here, why I cant choose and you cant set my preferred gamertag Dagolag on stadia? Kind Regards
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dagolag
Community Member

Update:

Higher tier support has closed my ticket with no solution and the following reason:

It's unfortunate that our system will not allow the change.

think that this reason is not acceptable, but there is nothing I can do absolut, realy sad!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
BinaryJay Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I thought it might be because they didn't want names with "Lag" in them, but I just searched and found someone named "Lag" so I would hope it's not that.

Google Translate doesn't come up with anything when I enter Dagolag in either (thinking it's something inappropriate in another language, maybe).

It's a mystery to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I would guess higher Tier support takes a bit more time @Dagolag, so it might be worth to push them back in this case from time to time (after some days).

I don't see a problem with Dagolag either, so I wonder why it's not possible for you to choose that name. Wish you the best though and hope they can get you the name.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Dagolag @Chufu :

First 4 characters could be seen as an ethic slur in the UK, but not very common, and in the context of the rest of the tag, I’d be hard pushed to find any correlation.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dagolag
Community Member

Update:

Higher tier support has closed my ticket with no solution and the following reason:

It's unfortunate that our system will not allow the change.

think that this reason is not acceptable, but there is nothing I can do absolut, realy sad!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tixelpip
Community Member
Honestly, I'd recommend instead just opting for a different name, if it's disallowed I'd assume it's very unlikely you'll get that Stadia Name, it is unfortunate, yes, but I think what support are trying to say is that if the name has been filtered out then unfortunately there isn't anything they can do to bypass that restriction. Good luck deciding on a great Stadia Name! 🙂

Stadia player since 19/11/2019!
0 Kudos