cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Buy stadia controller without creditcard

Hello, I want to buy a Google stadia controller in the Netherlands, but I don't want to order a creditcard first and then buy it.

Is there another possibility to buy a controller without using a creditcard? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Kaliefiznogoud 

as far as I know, you have to use a credit card at the moment to buy the Stadia bundle. You cannot use your Google balance from the survey app or Play cards from a retailer 

Do you have any concerns using a credit card to buy something from Google?

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Kaliefiznogoud 

If all you want to do is purchase a Stadia controller  https://store.google.com/product/stadia_controller , then you would just need to use one of the supported payment methods for Google Store in the Netherlands.

I don't know what supported payment options there are in Holland, but I would suspect that Paypal is a supported option?

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo Is correct in saying you can use paypal. You can use any payment method (except Google Play Balance) supported by google pay: https://pay.google.com/gp/w/u/0/home/paymentmethods (Credit/Debit, Paypal, & Wire Transfer / Direct Deposit)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Same issue here for me.  I have PayPal selected as google pay. Can't use it on store.google.com

In the Netherlands the only option to buy the stadia controller is with a creditcard. 

Any other doubts? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I dont want to order an creditcard only for ordering a google stadia controller. There is also no option to pay with PayPal. In the neterlands

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Tobonaut any idea to help us?

Or do we have to wait untill the stadia controller is available in local IT shops? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Phoenix99 

that’s not all. For example I’m from Germany and I can only buy games from stadia using credit card. I’ve no option for PayPal. But I was able to buy the stadia kit itself via PayPal. A little bit confusing.

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I think it's country specific,  subscribed and bought games on stadia with PayPal. I will wait for the controller to be available in local stores,  thanks for helping 

0 Kudos