Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Bought a Founder's Edition, but cannot register it

Jump to solution

Hi

bought a FE on Ebay after the BG3 hype. It attived unopened, but no registration details - can anyone help me with a buddy pass or similar?

Many thanks in advance,

T

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Thorandor, in that case you should try to contact the seller to receive the code. MIght also be that the seller has used the code already for his own account and then sold the FE edition as "used" on Ebay. In that case, you can't get a code to play.

So then the only thing you could do would be to get a Buddy Pass from a Founder who still has one. As far as I know, most founders have used the two they got already for friends, etc. so it's more than unlikely that someone could give you one.

What you could also do is wait until Google is starting "Stadia Base" for Stadia, which means that you don't need a code to access Stadia. Stadia base was announced to come for early 2020, but nobody knows when exactly this will come.

If you want to play directly, you could also talk with the seller to take the FE back, receive the money back, and then purchase a Premiere edition. With that one you'll receive a code and then you could enjoy Stadia directly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Thorandor : The code would only have been sent to the email account of the person that had made the order.

Unfortunately, I gave my last Buddy Pass out to someone in a similar situation on the forums, so unless there is someone willing to do the same for you, your options will be limited until the Base edition is released at some stage this year.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ah **bleep**, so I am buddy-less, as the seller did not share any codes 😞

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Thorandor, in that case you should try to contact the seller to receive the code. MIght also be that the seller has used the code already for his own account and then sold the FE edition as "used" on Ebay. In that case, you can't get a code to play.

So then the only thing you could do would be to get a Buddy Pass from a Founder who still has one. As far as I know, most founders have used the two they got already for friends, etc. so it's more than unlikely that someone could give you one.

What you could also do is wait until Google is starting "Stadia Base" for Stadia, which means that you don't need a code to access Stadia. Stadia base was announced to come for early 2020, but nobody knows when exactly this will come.

If you want to play directly, you could also talk with the seller to take the FE back, receive the money back, and then purchase a Premiere edition. With that one you'll receive a code and then you could enjoy Stadia directly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you very much @Chufu . I have been in touch with the seller, and he's going to send me the buddy pass he has, as well as order #, as Google support have told me they could help me out once I can send them the serial # of the hardware and the original order #

That should then do it, no?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Sounds great, @Thorandor I hope that solves your problem. 🙂 As soon as you get the code, you are able to play on Stadia! As it grants you 3 months Stadia Pro for free, you could then claim directly the available Pro games for free and start to play them.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you! Registered on the app and am now the proud owner of 3 months pro! 🙂

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Chufu , @Mad_Dog_Bravo  I thought I'd let you know, I am now a happy and proud owner of a FE with buddy pass, been playing GRID most of last night, loving it! Thanks again for your advice and support

1 Kudo