cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Blurred screen even at 720p tracert results

Even though stadius connection tool says I should enjoy an excellent gaming experience, I get blurred screens and disconnected.  Sometimes it even happens at l"lmited" 720p setting.

I don't know what any of this means.  I am posting columns 2,3 and 4 (which I assume are ping times

tracert stadia.com

13, 26, 20

40, 46, 46

46, 46, 45

64, 54, 44

45, 57, 42

48, 76, 79

41, 41, 43

Is this my ISP or stadia being slow?  Or do I need more information.

BTW... When I run sppetest.net I get 34 ping 235 dl and 12 ul consistantly

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@P1ayerOne Pings and download speeds are part of it, but you'll also need low jitter and packet loss rates. What does https://packetlosstest.com/ show for those metrics?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

On default settings U(200ms)packet loss 0% download packet loss 0% late package 0%

Average latency 73.15ms

Average jitter 12.81ms

When I change the settings to a lower acceptable delay (like 720 streaming) I get 

Upload packet loss 3.6% download packet loss 5.4% late package 89.7% (that's at speeds to handle 720p

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@P1ayerOne That average latency seems a bit high to me. How are you connected to your router (WiFi / Ethernet)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ethernet with cat6 cable. Just got off the phone with my ISP, which is Spectrum. They tested and got pings in the 40s. I think that's way too high, but they seem to think it is acceptable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@P1ayerOne A question I probably should have asked earlier: are you seeing this blurriness on Chrome or Chromecast (or both)? If it's in the browser, what OS are you using?

Lower is always better but I think a sub-50ms ping should be fine as long as the connection isn't particularly jittery and packets aren't getting lost along the way. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Chrome browser.  Don't have Chromecast.  Just playing on  laptop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@P1ayerOne Windows, Mac, Linux, something else?

Do you have anything enabled at chrome://flags? Any change if you reset/clear site browsing data for stadia.com?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have exactly the same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Me too

0 Kudos