cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey locked at 30fps

I’m running on a wired home gigabit connection through the included Chromecast. No excuse for this.
3 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Member

that's not good what about the image quality ? its 4k or is like the others 1080p up scaled ? Now I understand why they didn't show to much about. game's. And that engineer saying that every game is running 4k/120fps lie after lie are they thinking. that all the gamers are stupid or that nobody's going to dig up the actual quality off the game's ?
2 Kudos
Community Member

The only game thats been reported to render as 4k is the original Tomb Raider, and you sacrifice 60fps.

1 Kudo
Community Member

ACO feels good. But Totally not 60fps. They need to start providing moving forward specs these games run at based on connection. Its false advertisement so far.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Maybe I wasn't looking at all the marketing materials, but I thought 4k60fps was coming in the future? But that's besides the point, the visual quality is good, the input latency is good, it can only get better, small incremental iterations like all software these days.

0 Kudos
Community Member

They said that "Stadia" would support "up to" 4k 60fps at launch. Not that all games would be rendered at 4k 60fps. So, it does support it, the games just aren't being rendered at 4k 60fps due the technical limitations of the hardware. Once devs have more time the learn the platform they should be able to get all their respective games running at 4k 60fps. Unfortunately, many people misunderstood this and had unrealistically high expectations for the initial games given that it is a brand new platform. New platforms always have some issues to work out.
0 Kudos