cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Upcoming Stadia Community Forum Changes

Hi, everyone!

The Stadia Community Team is excited to announce some upcoming enhancements to the Community Forum experience.

Beginning on Friday, September 25 at 9AM PT, Stadia players will be able to link their Stadia account with their forum account. This functionality will have two immediate effects:

1. Founders will be recognized and given a distinguishing badge attached to their username on topics and comments. Founders will also be granted access to a special gated area of the Community called the “Founders Hub,” with some exclusive benefits, such as Q&A sessions with the Stadia Team and more.
  2. Non-Founder Stadia players will be given a Stadia Player badge much like the Founder badge but with a different icon.

So what will all of this look like?

Once the feature is live, you will need to be logged out, then sign-in with Google SSO. Make sure to select the e-mail to which your Stadia account is tied. You will be prompted to grant or deny access to your Stadia account. Note: you may revoke access any time to your Stadia account by the Forum by visiting your Google account’s security settings.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.11.17 AM copy (1).png

After approving access, your forum account will be automatically updated to reflect your status as either a Founder Founders_Badge_16x16.png or Stadia Player StadiaBeacon_Flair.png. To see a glossary of all current badges and icons, check out this post

If you are not already a forum member, you will be asked to select a username. Founders will see a new link on the homepage to the Founders Hub. You will also find a link to this area in the hamburger menu.

With this functionality, we will be able to build out a rich feature set in the future to further enhance the Community for all players. In the next update from us, you’ll hear a bit more about our plans, including the addition of a gamification system and other cool features. If you have ideas you’d like to share with us, please leave a comment below.

As a final note, we’d like to thank our Founders for believing in Stadia. Early adopters pave the way for those to come, and you deserve recognition. This is just the beginning of our journey together, and we are tremendously excited to have you all along.

Signing off,
The Stadia Community Team

172 Kudos
106 Replies
Founder
Founder

This is great news, birthday is coming up, I'm ready to celebrate Stadia's one year! 

28 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I am very pleased with this implementation. Looks like the right steps toward putting the community back in focus, as it should be. Congrats @StadiaTeam 

----------------------------------------------------------------
discord.gg/StadiaStreamer
18 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Wow. Can't wait for Q&A Sessions 🙂 I feel like VIP

Thx a lot to Stadia's Team

16 Kudos
Community Member

Yes. VIP. Love it.

3 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Excellent !

4 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Great way to get engaged with the community, thanks Grace!

6 Kudos
Founder
Founder

oooh fun! VIP treatment in a way. Love the small things C:

scarlet_stream on YouTube and Twitter
member of Stadia Source stream team
9 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Good news! A place to gather information! Direct from Stadia team!

5 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Nice feature! Good job.

4 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Will there be more badges other than the founder and the basic badge/icon I would hope to see more unique badges in the future 

2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@Rocketbro135 "If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, why don't you just make 37 pieces of flair the minimum?"

5 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I thought you wanted to express yourself @truferblue22 

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

This is awesome news! Thanks for the update, Grace!

5 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Yay !

Can't wait for a "community.stadia com/manthoR" page with ability to share my games and stats and search for friends to play to this specific game.

6 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Looking forward to hearing your plans, we want to know where is Stadia heading. 

4 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I'm just.  Really very so excited to keep watching this platform grow, aaaaa!  AAAAA!!

4 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Can't wait to see the Q&A sessions! I just hope that the Stadia Team will be able to answer a few technical questions. (performance, stream quality and maybe maybe the new hardware but I don't think so)

2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Again, this is good news, but it feels like this should have been implemented several months ago, it's a step in the right direction, but a small one.

and to all the people praising stadia for just about doing the bare minimum months after it should have been implemented, just how easily pleased are you with a badge and the forum about the platform finally being linked to the platform?

I don't know if I'm just spoiled from having decades of choice and seeing games companies thrive and die through that time (remember Sega anyone? How about Sinclair, atari, amiga ( FFS, star trek TNG digital effects were made on an amiga 4000), all gone the way of the dinosaur because of mismanagement!) and from my perspective, stadia needs to step it up about 10 gears, we need text chat tomorrow, all the launch promise features tomorrow, road map of upcoming features tomorrow!

You seem to have taken on board that people are frustrated, but this won't keep people happy for long.

5 Kudos
Community Member

As I do agree with 'its a step in the right direction, but a small one'. Every bit helps 🙂 and here is on hoping that the Stadia Team will finally be more transparent with roadmaps and features. (Even if some (chat support e.g.) should already be available from day 1)

It is nice to see that even after almost a year, the streaming technology used by Google, is still the smoothest. They know how to implement it technically, sadly the marketing side sucks bad.

Here is to hoping that they will learn and share more with the community. To the Stadia Team, keep up the good work! You're all doing a great job, but don't let the 'simple' marketing be the downside of the product.

We are all very excited in what the future will bring us all. 

5 Kudos

Would what I say in the community affect my Founders account and Stadia policies? Is that when I see 7 Indie games, I feel like insulting even cockroaches 🤣... Poor cockroaches they are not to blame 😭🙃 

3 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

that's a good point, will forum posts disagreeing with political narratives end up getting you banned, if your forum is tied to your account, there should be zero politics allowed, no #BLM, and no #MAGA, or I guarantee you that my responses to some of these will get me banned!
1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

This is fantastic news. It feels like a step towards bringing the community together

3 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Bringing the community together? 

They are splitting us up! There are many like myself that couldn't get Founders Edition and had to settle for Premiere Edition for the same price (and charged when Founders/Premiere shipped) who are just as much early adopters as any Founder member. Premiere users abused again! BS!

4 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@SeV5er
Extremely valid point (I don't care, I'm only just starting my 4th month), but this feels like a "vip" club, something to brag about, and make "founders" feel special, it should be done on age of account.
Imagine if Playstation decided to give me and the other lucky people able to pre order the PS5 "bonus stuff" based on either pure luck trying to order online (they sold out in minutes), or the fact that I'm lucky don't have to work any more, so could stand outside my local Game store for an hour before it opened to get my place in the queue, and guarantee my pre order, if I had to work still, I wouldn't have my pre order now.
I'm rambling, basically, why should a founder be treated any differently to someone who has supported stadia for just as long (and possibly better, by buying more games), just because you sold out of founders editions early on.
This is another prime example of the type of mismanagement that will kill the Stadia community off.
Here's an idea, poll anyone who's been a member since day 1, see what they think of this decision, and when they tell you what they think, maybe do the right thing!
2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Couldn't agree with this post more. Been a day 1 Premier user (as the founders edition sold out before I could get the funds to order it), so as SeV5er says just as much an early adopter as any Founder member. Feels like our loyalty does not matter.

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

You're mad at Stadia because you didn't have enough money to buy a controller? The deal was clear, if you bought a Founder's Edition you got extra perks. You can't be mad that they sold out before you got one. It's not like the PS5 launch which is a total cluster. The Founder's Editions were available for quite a while before they sold out. That's just life, man. 

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Never said I was mad as you imply, I just think it's a shame that earlier premier adopters will be ignored and the community will be split a bit, that's all.

2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@DoshiJonzu
I could not agree more, it should be on date of support, not on arbitrary luck of being a founder, this is just going to piss people off.
And before people say anything about I'm just jealous, I've only been here for 3 and a half months.
1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

Integration!  Woo!

Discord? 😊

4 Kudos